Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Nursery HELP!

So I had my little heart set on doing that cool beadboard up most of the wall in Lucy's nursery just like in all of the Pottery Barn catalogs, until I found out from Home Depot's website that it costs $100 for an 8 foot panel. $100, for only 8 ft of the wall! And I also remembered that we are poor. So maybe kid #3 will get some beadboard and the fabulous crib from Babinskis, but Lucy is going to have to do without. Anyway, getting to the point. I am not sure what I should do with the walls now, we want to paint before we get new carpet so that gives us about 3 weeks. The pics below show you the hideousness that the room is now. We had to take down a diva/princess border that gave me hives it was so ugly. Our crib & furniture is going to be a dark, dark brown (espresso) and her bedding is green/brown and pink. I don't really want to paint pink though. You can see in the pics too that there is like a small chair rail that goes through the middle of the room & the baseboards & doors are wood. I swear the hardest thing about being here so far is not being able to ask opinions on paint color, and the fact that Trent is colorblind isn't helping out much. So please all of my friends with fabulous taste, throw me some ideas... Thanks!










4 comments:

Geri R said...

Jamie, I vote for a green to blend with the green you are using. That Stripe effect we talked about for my playroom would be cool, too. You could think about green, brown, white or tan. I really loved that princess paper, though. Almost as much as the kitchen curtains.Ha!

Jordan said...

I think it would be so cute to do green half way up. Like and apple green. Not too bright. With the white rail it would be so cute. I agree no pink. Then you can do pink throughout the rest of the room. I think it would be so cute. I will look up some sites and gets some ideas.

Sara Jane said...

So Ia m still going to go with the mocha, a very very light mocha liek 1/4 espresso and 3/4 cream! I know how you like it! If you dont do that I think that you should follow Jordan's adice with a very washed out Apple green. something that compliments the green in the comforter. Also I am not sure what Ger was talking about but I do like when people do stripes with a glossy paint and matte paint. Make sure that what ever paint you pick you go 2 shades lighter so it does not turn it in to a dungeon! What do I know... Really do what ever you want you have impecable taste! I miss ya!

Michael Meek said...

my dream room is walls painted with the paint that is magnetic and then the ceiling has to be made of cork so you can put posters on it maybe this can help