Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Rambling..

Lucy stopped taking naps. Out of the blue, just stopped taking her nap. She is (was) the world's best sleeper. Like clockwork every afternoon, 1-4. Then to bed at 8 to wake up at 8 a.m. She was my sleeping champion. Now nothing. I put her down at 1 or 2, and she jumps and talks and yells OH ME GOSH MOM, I AWAKE, or OH ME GOSH MOM I POOPED until I give in and get her up. I'm praying this is a phase, but its going on two weeks now. Wouldn't you think it would go from a 3 hour nap to 2, to 1 then none? When do I mop the floor, when do I get my work done, when do I get a breather from the insanity that is my little crazy beautiful two year old??  And couldn't she have just held off a couple of months until the weather gets better and we can spend the afternoon at the park? I am fresh out of  ideas by 4 p.m. And she doesn't even act tired  or need to go to bed any earlier, now she's even fighting going to sleep at 8. SIGH, giant Sigh.. Her new thing is to say, But mooom I don't go to sleep, I need to play with you.

So as part of my what do I do to entertain my child today schedule we set up a little tent in her room this morning and spent most of the day reading books and playing in the tent. She told me that she wanted to sleep in her tent tonight. She went down without a peep for the first time in weeks! Maybe she's sick of her crib and ready for a toddler bed?? Doesn't it seem like just when you figure your child out they go and change everything on you? Maybe we'll be trying naps in the tent. At least we finally got rid of that dang binky.

Now onto potty training.  She sits on the potty and "reads" 3 books. Sits there so long that she has a red ring on her bum. No pee. Tells me she's done, we put on the pull up.. one minute later, full of pee.

Ah the Adventures of Motherhood.

In other news. I'm reading a book called the Help, I know everyone has read it but me. But if you haven't, you should. Its fabulous.

8 comments:

Ellen said...

Oh my goodness!! i would be going CRAZY!!! HOLY CRUD!! What a NIGHTMARE!! Good luck with the no sleep thing. I'd probably just leave Amelia in there anyway! LOL. How'd you get rid of the binky? I'm throwing A's away on her 2nd bday which is next month.

Okay, so when are you going to come over? Friday? At least that would help with your morning!! Let me know!

Unknown said...

wow. okay, WOW. I have no advice, but if you ever truly run out of ideas and want to just come up here to hang out, maybe a new environment would keep her entertained a lil while longer. Good luck with the tent idea, though. Seems to be helping a bit!

and potty training? Ugh, I don't even want to think about it.

Bryndie said...

Ohhh Jame, I feel your pain. I am so sleep deprived right now because both kids sleep like crap, and I try to do to many things in one day.

I think we are all in same boat. When Burks hit 2 her sleeping habit went down the drain. I have tried everything known to man, still doesn't sleep great. Her big girl bed is now desembled and the mattress is on the floor.

Easypottytraining.com worked great for us. A day and a half and she was done.

Have not read the Help book, never even heard of it.

Jordan said...

Oh I love hearing about Lucy adventures. Zac's mom just finished the Help. I heard it's amazing. I want to read it really bad, but just don't have the time to do any recreational reading. That's my plan for the summer... sit by a pool and read. Love you guys!

heather said...

I literally just checked out The Help from the library yesterday! I saw a cousin of mine had recommended it, so I was looking forward to reading it. We'll have to talk! Prayers for Lucy to sleep for you!! Good luck!

E said...

Do you want to borrow C's pee pee baby?

Stizz said...

Haha Lucy's a smart little lady. :) Just be flattered that she'd rather play with you that sleep. :) Love the ring around the bum, classic. :) And, what's The Help? Never even heard of it, so not everyone's read it. :)

Sara Jane said...

OH ME GOSH....

I L O V E....
L U C Y E L I Z A B E T H!

Please stick your video camera in her room so you can record her & post it for our viewing pleasure!

I love you BFF!!!