Sunday, February 8, 2009

Enjoying the Moment


I was telling Trent last night that I wish we could freeze Lucy at the stage she is in right now. She is so funny, cute & sassy and makes me laugh all day long. Since I am not a scrapbooker or a journaler (is that a word?) Here are a few things I want to remember about Lucy at 15 months.
  • She now knows where her hair, eyes, nose, teeth, ears, belly, arms, fingers and toes are and does the funniest actions to show me when I ask.
  • Her extensive vocabulary includes: Ball, Doggie, Daddy, Mama, Ikeys (my sister in law), Tay-Tay (my little brother), Papa (my dad), Ducky and Baba. Oh and how could I forget - she loves to say No or shake her head No in response to everything.
  • She knows the animal sounds for dog, snake, monkey, sheep and elephant. Ok - elephant is more of an action.
  • She is finally has her top teeth coming in, just a little late. I do miss the snaggletooth just a little.
  • She says prayers over her food when she is in her high chair, and also sometimes when she is dancing to Taylor Swift. We call it her praying-dance, really creative I know.
  • She climbs up the slides and then slides down the stairs of every play place I take her to. (The road less traveled by right?)
  • She got a sudden crush on a dad at COSI (a children's museum with an awesome little ones area) and followed him around staring at him for 15 minutes. Good thing he also thought it was cute. She loves COSI so much whenever we get inside the kids area she starts screaming she is so excited.
  • She loves to color, but most of the time, I find her coloring her face instead of the paper.
  • She is so protective of her chair that if Trent or I lay one pinky on it she runs across the room, throws our pinky off and yells NOOOO.
  • Whevever she sees a picture of herself she says Doggie and gives herself a big kiss.
  • The way she runs everywhere with her belly sticking out.
  • The way she reads books to herself and jabbers away forEVER like I should know exactly what she is saying.

I love you Miss Lucy. I know I complain a lot, but being your mom is awesome.

Chilling/cheesing it in her favorite place..

She loves to do handstands/somersaults off the side.


Showing me her teeth we are now up to 5!

Her face and hands as works of art

4 comments:

Kerstin said...

I am still laughing over her yelling at you when you touch her chair. She is so funny and the cutest thing ever.

Jordan said...

I love it. She is getting so big. I can hardly believe it. Lucy is so lucky to have you as a mom.

Bryndie said...

What a fun age, it is the best isn't it! I love the markers everywhere, isn't funny what you will let them do just see what happens. That is a crack up she is so protective over her chair!

Mechelle said...

She is so cute- I will miss the snaggletooth also- I thought that is was cute! I can't believe how fast they change and grow!