Every New Year's Eve I find myself thinking of Y2K and all the hype surrounding the year 2000. It always cracks me up thinking about being 16 on New Year's Eve and how we locked ourselves out of Jared Burke's Geo Metro at First Night and had to break in with a clothes hanger. It actually worked just in time for us to book it back to Kaysville and find someone to kiss at midnight. Here I am 9 years later, married with a 14 month old, its crazy how the time just flies.
New Year's Eve this year was pretty low key with Friends, Fam & Food. I was very proud of us for staying up until 3:30 playing Mario Kart and watching How I Met Your Mother. Yeah that's right 3:30, who is old? NOT ME.
For some reason I am having a hard time coming up with resolutions this year. The only resolution I can come up with is not making any that have to do with working out, losing weight or eating. I heard a story at church on Sunday on what a difference it can make if you just wake up in the morning and decide that you are going to be nice for the entire day.
So I guess that is my goal for 2009 - Just be Nice.
9 comments:
You are nice... and you are the best friend a girl could ask for... P.S. don't go home!
I like that resolution. Maybe I will have BE NICE be my resolution too.
haha we could both work on being nice im sure! ;) jk. but really are we hanging out on wed? i am IN.
My reasoning might be gay for wanting to go private, but I noticed on one of my friends blogs that she has both mine and my ex's blogs as links, and that's just too close for comfort. I am sure my ex has been made aware of my blog but I just don't want it to be that easy for him and his family to stalk me. Make sense? Gay, but it bugs me enough to make me want to go private....
Good goal...maybe I need to make that one mine also:)
Amen to all the comments. That is a great goal and it might just have to be my new wake up thought. Thanks for sharing.
I suck at resolutions. How much can change in one day?!
Your family is a whole can of darlings.
sounds great. I think I'll try to be nice too.
I think that is a great resolution- it sounds like we all can use a little more nice in our lives!
Excellent goal! It's for sure one of my resolutions. And yes I will be there on Wednesday! Can't wait!
Post a Comment