Thursday, September 18, 2008

I Heart NY

My trip to NYC was absolutely incredible. It made me fall in love with the city completely. Especially the food! I was working a ton, but we were all over town and I got to see all of the different parts of New York that as a tourist I probably wouldn't. I just felt like I had to soak it all in because I know I will never go on a trip like that again. It felt like I was having an out of body experience the whole time.

Highlights...

The Hotel - we stayed at the Hudson Hotel right by Central Park. It was really modern and trendy (and if you watched Gossip Girl last week - Blair had her party on the Sky Terrace) anyway the hotel was way too cool for me, but it was fun to stay there. The bar there is one of the most popular in the city and every night there was a line out the door.



The view from the street - they are so cool, they won't even put the name of the hotel on the outside.. You are just supposed to KNOW its the Hudson apparently.

The lobby - isn't it gorgeous?

The Sky Terrace - on the top of the hotel is this huge garden with lounge chairs and a bar/cafe. It is so beautiful and you look out on the Hudson River and Central Park on the other side.

The Food - filet mignon, banana brown sugar pancakes, lobster ravioli, urban smores, green apple cotton candy. I can go on, but lets just say I am currently on a post NYC diet.

This is BLT fish - pretty much the best food I have ever eaten.

The Meetings - we met with the companies that are based in Italy that formulate the makeup for pretty much every cosmetic line in the US. They are on 5th Avenue and the offices were just insane. Insane. They even sent us to our dinner appointment in their company car.. Yeah that was a stretch Escalade limo.

The Shopping. H&M & Zara on every block, walking through Bergdorf's to check out Louboutin's.

People Watching - Girls in NYC have awesome style, and I love how people get dressed up just to go to dinner, it makes it special, more of an event. I'm going to attempt to bring that to Columbus!

Central Park - Gorgeous. It was so fun to see families and moms everywhere.



I also loved walking everywhere, the subway, catching cabs, eating dinner and having Barbara Walters walk in and sit 3 feet away from me at the next table. She ate with Cindy Adams (she writes Page Six the gossip column for the New York Post) and was much better looking in person.

I liked explaining Mormonism a little bit better to the people who were curious. I cleared up quite a few misconceptions like that we don't believe in arranged marriage and that I was my husband's only wife.

Trent did a great job with Lucy while I was gone. He is a great husband and so supportive of me. All in all, I loved my trip but I also loved coming home to my little family and our life.

9 comments:

janae said...

sounds great. We should do a girls trip one of these days. Call me today, I am dying to talk to you!!

Julie Miller said...

What a trip! And to be able to experience those things on someone else's dime...nice!

Bryndie said...

Sounds like you were wined and dined. What a trip? I bet you could not wait to see Luc, and Trent of course.

Ashley said...

Wow that makes me want to visit NY now. What a cool hotel!!!

Jordan said...

I love New York. There is so much fun stuff to do and see there. I am glad you had a good time. Even more glad that you are home with lucy again. I know you missed her tons. I wanna see some more pics of the lil one. Love ya. I am so excited to see ya soon.

The Robinson Family said...

jam... sounds like such a neat experience. i would love to hear more about what you are doing. it's been too long as always! keep in touch and tell tripp hello! miss you guys!

Whitmer Family said...

Wow, I had no idea you had a new job, it sounds so romantic and exciting, what a cool trip. Your little Lucy is pretty cute, I love the stink eye pic

Lisa Kearl said...

What a neat trip and job! I love the pictures.

PARKERS said...

Jamie- I just have to laugh at some of the things you do, because I do them also! When I was in NY last, I made a special trip to Saks to try on Louboutins.I have never stayed at the Hudson though- it looks like an awesome hotel. It's nice to have a little get-away every now and then. I think it makes you appreciate being a Mom and wife even more.