Sunday, January 6, 2008

Lucy's Blessing Day




We blessed Lucy Lou on the 30th at my parent's ward. Trent did such an awesome job. He choked up right at the beginning and I was worried that he wouldn't be able to get through it and then he just gave her such a beautiful blessing. He is such a great dad and it was fun to have so many people who love her there to support us. Lucy wore the dress that my sisters and I were all blessed in, complete with bonnet and booties. It was one of the those perfect days. I have been so incredibly grateful these past few weeks for a healthy and happy baby, honestly I couldn't ask for anything more. It really put things into perspective for me during the season that usually has me thinking about new boots. :) Anyway, I need to get some pics from my mom's camera, for some reason I don't have one with all 3 of us together, or the 4 generations pic with my other amazing Grandma. I am also aware of my subpar picture quality with my horrible camera! I know where my Christmas $ is going that's for sure. But here are a couple until I get the good ones. She still looks pretty dang cute.

11 comments:

janae said...

I agree Trent did such a good job. It is so fun to see you guys as parents, you are doing such a good job. It was such a nice day and it was really nice spending time with your family. We love Lucy and have enjoyed spending time with you!

Bryndie said...

so cute! I can't believe the dress stayed in that good of condition. She looks darling

Julie Miller said...

It was really great to see you and to meet Lucy. Hopefully next time it will be for more then 2 hours!! Lucy looks just like a doll in her dress!

Jeff, Erin, Macy, Owen& June said...

I was really emotional listening to Trent bless your little Lucy! To think he is the same person who was like seven when I met him. I couldn't think more of Trent and we are just in awe of the man he has become! It just touched me to hear him give her such an amazingly powerful blessing! Thank you for having us at her blessing. We really loved being a part of it! It was such a great day for us as well!

Jordan said...

that is so sweet. She looked so adorable. I love the pic with you, lucy, your mom, and grandma love. That is priceless and you will cherish it forever. Love ya!

Kerstin said...

i am so glad that we could spend some of that day with you. it was such a great blessing and i am so happy for you guys! love ya

The Arizona Leavitt's said...

I'm glad you have had such a wonderful visit. It's always fun to go home. Travel safely back home. I'm excited to see Lucy!

jandnrichards said...

So cute. I wish we could have been there. I am glad you are enjoying your break. I so wish we could be there to meet Lucy Lou but I am so thankful that we can look at her cute pics. on the blog. Have a good rest of a break

Whitmer Family said...

Lucy looked so adorable. I am so glad the day was such a success. I hope get to see you guys soon, maybe dinner?

Perry's said...

How fun that you were able to be at home with family for the blessing. I can't believe you used the same dress and it fit, how neat. Looks like you guys had a great Christmas. I need to quit saying we need to get together and just come over - I haven't even seen her in person yet. hope you are doing well!

tyandmichellecall said...

How fun that you have a cute little girl to dress in frills! She is such a little sweetie. I'm so glad I got to meet her.