So the other fabulous part of V Day this year is this crazy story I like to call.. The Gift of the Magi - with a Happy Ending.. or The Tale of Two Watches..
For Christmas this year I forbid gifts and asked for money to spend when I was no longer a giant. Lets face it clothes are no fun when you are 8 months along.. Anyway, I was dying to use my cash on this beauty.. be still my heart.. Michael Kors Rose Gold Boyfriend Watch.
I showed it to Trent, obsessed over it, tried it on twice.. searched online to find the best deal... and ultimately decided I just couldn't pull the trigger even using Christmas money...
Fast forward to the first week of February.. in typical my dad fashion, Steve-o calls me up and asks me for ideas on what to give my mom for Valentine's Day. He is a smart man not to attempt this on his own... Luckily this year I had the perfect idea. I couldn't buy this watch for myself, but my dad could definitely buy it for my mom! I ordered it online with his credit card and had it shipped to my house because my mom would be in Cbus for V day helping me out with Rubes..
Feb 14 rolls around and I cannot wait to give my mom this watch. I know it is going to rock her world.. That afternoon Trent is dying to give me my present.. I burst into "I just had a baby so I cry all the time" tears when I open it and it is the WATCH!!! He had bought it for me with HIS Christmas money... I was in shock. I think it might be the nicest thing he has ever done for me and hands down the best present of all time. So incredibly thoughtful and unexpected.
My mom sits there and tells me how beautiful it is, and how she loves the color and would love to have a watch just like it... I wait until later that day and tell her that my dad had something sent for her... And she opened Watch #2!!! And loved it as much as me.. We both got a killer surprise for V Day, and now we have twinner watches.. Randomly, my mom and I also went shopping the day before Ruby was born and got Trent and my Dad the same shirt from H&M for their present.. They didn't cry when they opened their gift though... not sure why..:)

5 comments:
That is such a neat story! How thoughtful of both your hubbies! Can't wait to see it on ya.
Ha so classic meek family. I love it. That really is the nicest thing trent has ever done. (no offense trent but remember the phone fiasco of 2010) I know you have been wanting this watch for awhile. So glad you got it. You deserve it. Love you guys!
Cute story! I got the MK boyfriend watch in regular gold for Christmas and I LOVE IT!! Good to know that I'm on the right track with fashion sense. If the Meek's are wearing it- it must be cool! :)
Love that watch! I want it.
Um, awesome! I want to see this watch in all it's glory!...in person. :)
Post a Comment