Sometimes when I sit down to blog I feel like I'm writing a lame sitcom episode recap.
This week in the Richards family.... My parents came to visit, my mom may or may not have had a series of unfortunate/questionable events which led her to a few minor yet hilarious injuries...(stories for her blog, not mine, I don't have the rights.) Lucy fell out of her crib (hello big girl bed), is still sleeping in a tent and told me going to the bathroom in the big girl potty is and I quote "disgusting" pronounced bee-scust-ing.. Our scrappy women's bball team finally won a game after which I told Trent I was "basking in the glow of victory." I guess its a good thing because no matter how crazy it seems, at least its been somewhat entertaining.
I always love having my parents visit. They are so great to us and to Lucy. Now that I have a child I can finally begin to fully understand unconditional love. Because I know I was hell on wheels and my parents still love me, just like I know Lucy is going to be hell on wheels and I'll still love her :)
Lucy loves her Da and Papa, and even learned their actual names. It sounds so funny for her to be yelling for Steve and Shauna. We enjoyed plenty of time playing in the tent, trips to Graeter's, good food and good laughs.
Tent Time
Matching swimsuits, and great Lucy facial part I!
More tent time with an especially cheesy grin,
Making cookies.Another cheeeeesy face.
Trent just finished up his surgery rotation and didn't see a lot of Lucy for the past couple of months. This has led to her only wanting me to do things for her. Trent and Lucy are now doing Saturday morning Daddy-Daughter dates so she knows that her Dad loves her and also buys her donuts and takes her to visit puppies :) This is them heading off to their first one.
I came out of my room the other day and found her like this.. She said she was busy working and then got a little annoyed when I interrupted her for a photo op.
HELLO, I said I'm BUSY!
BLISS!
5 comments:
my faves: the look on Lucy's face when she says "hello, I said I was busy" is HI-LAR-I-OUS! those glasses are the BEST! the sleeping photo at the end is sweet too...:)
I am laughing out loud at the pics of Lucy working, she is such a character!!! What a great time to have your parents in town. Nothing is better than snuggling up with a sleeping child. Love you guys!!
Yah! Go University Misfits!! I'm glad you were able to "bask" and hope there will be more basking to come. :) I think we've gotten our air-ball % down to 80% instead of 95%. lol Daddy-daughter dates, what a good idea...I'm sure she'll be asking for only Trent's help in no time. :) Love the fun pics too!
I love Lucy! What cute grandparents she has! I sure miss my goose. Please come see me soon??? PLEASE!
I love the look she is giving you...one of my favorite things about you Jamie are your insights on to what you think Lucy's looks "really" mean! You are such a great mom.
Post a Comment