Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Best Idea Ever. No Really. It is.

Before I was pregnant with Lucy I read an article in Real Simple magazine about how to make sure you remember the funny, important or crazy things your children do. Their advice was to open an email account in your child's name and write them a quick email whenever they do something that you never want to forget. I did this when Lucy was about 6 months old and it is the best thing I have ever done. I am online so much that  it takes me two seconds to email. Just today I sent one about her favorite books and the different voices she uses for the characters in the stories.. Anyway now I have all of these emails I know she will love to sit and read one day and much as I love to re-read them now. Trent and I also write her a longer letter on special days or holidays. You could pass the email onto Grandparents, Aunts, Uncles, etc.. and how cool would that be to have this history of letters from people who love you all in one safe place? Pretty cool. Which is why this is the best idea ever.

At baby showers they always ask you to give advice. I always blank and say something good but not great. This is great. I highly recommend it.

11 comments:

Poelmans said...

That's a great idea, I'll have to remember that. Miss you!

Tricia Jeanne said...

Wow, this sounds so amazing! I know my MIL would love being forwarded these kinds of emails when I have a baby! Thanks Jamie!

janae said...

Genius!! You should definitely be passing this idea on

Ellen said...

that's awesome. I'm doing it now.

Jeff, Erin, Macy, Owen& June said...

great idea!

Sara Jane said...

Why, why, why in the H-E-double-hockey-sticks have you never shared this with me before? I am I-R-A-T-E! Seriously I am fuming! ahhh... so jeoulous... never too late to start now, right? I'm really questioning our friendship!

Zylstra Family said...

That is the cutest idea EVER!! I LOVE IT!! I am going to start it TODAY!! Thanks for sharing...hope you are doing good!

Scottie and Angie said...

Such a great idea!!! I just hope I can remember to do it one day when I have a kid!

Jordan said...

can I write e-mails to myself?

Karissa said...

Love this idea! Thanks for sharing...

Josh, Melanie & 2 boys said...

That is genious!
Never too late to start right?