Wednesday, February 20, 2008

World's Longest Post

My dad was sad that the next time he saw Luce she would fit in this outfit. I said no way, and yep she sure does fit in it. CRAP, she is huge!

Luce and her buddy

Lovin the Bumbo
Lovin the Bumbo the sequel

Sleeping in her cute Vday outfit, thanks mom!

This past weekend Trent and I went to the Med School Prom with some friends. This was our first time out without the Goose. Our awesome friends Ryan and Kendall offered to babysit, and they really don't know how much I needed to get out as I am becoming somewhat of a hermit with the weather and my job being so crazy. I kind of feel like they were an answer to a prayer. Thanks again you guys.

The Prom ended up being a blast with tables set up to play Texas Hold Em, Black Jack, Craps and Roulette. Nancy and I cleaned up on the Texas Hold Em table and won a bunch of fake chips that we eventually gave away to other couples. It did make me feel so old to be sitting there with a babysitter at home with all of these single med students, but I wouldn't have it any other way. We had to be home early for our little one and felt like we had a curfew! Trent won once and it just happened to be the time they were offering up gift certificates so we ended up with a free meal at the Olive Garden. He wins when it counts! We also tore it up on the dance floor, Trent didn't embarrass me as much as usual so that was a plus. All in all it was a much needed break. I would post pics, but we didn't really take any, because the only things we take pictures of are our cute baby and the wildlife in our backyard (squirrels)

We had a great Valentine's Day full of fun gifts from family and friends. We have so much support it blows me away sometimes. Lucy borrowed a Bumbo from her boyfriend and she is liking that. I had to post a pic cause she looks so cute in it. She also decided that would be the day to start gut laughing, it was hysterical. I missed it with the video camera but I left some laughter on my mom's voicemail so it is recorded somewhere. Trent was awesome and cooked me my favorite dinner, chicken roll ups, and got me some cute red shoes and a pedicure. He also left me candy all over the house in places where he knew I would find it. By my toothbrush, in Lucy's drawers, on my laptop, etc. So funny and thoughtful. I made him a basket as usual, I am sort of obsessed with making gift baskets.

I'll end this post with a tag from my friend Bryndie which I think is fun for Vday. This blogging thing has been awesome for me as a journal and it is always a stress relief for me to write. Anyway here goes!

What is his Name? Trent Douglas Richards or Trip McNealy to those who know him from the high school years.

How long have you been together? Married 2 and 1 /2, dated about a year.

How old is he - 24, 25 in July

Who said I Love You first? Um Trent, but I had the best response ever. I said back "WHAT, what did you say?" classic.

Who can sing better? I can sing LOUDER.

Who is smarter? We are different kinds of smart, I couldn't do his med school stuff though for sure. I think he is more book smart, I am more people smart, if that makes sense.

Who does the laundry? Trent usually, I hate doing laundry.

Who pays the bills? We both click send payment on our email notices

Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? Me if you are facing the bed

Who mows the Lawn? Trent, it is way fun to have a lawn

Who cooks dinner? Usually me, but Trent helps a lot

Who drives? Trent unless he is trying to study in the car

Who kissed who first? Trent kissed me, but he insists I was giving him THE EYE

Who asked who out first? My dad asked Trent to ask me out.. the shame!

Who proposed? Trent

Who has more friends? Even, our friends are all couples!

Who is more sensitive? I thought me until Trent nicked Lucy's finger with the nail clippers on Saturday. I thought he was going to die.

Who has more siblings? Me, I have 5 to his 4

Who wears the pants? I think we are pretty equal, but I definitely get more worked up over things. Trent rarely gets mad so I just think its funny when he does, because its usually over something so dumb like the TV not working or something.

11 comments:

Whitmer Family said...

Jaime, Lucy is getting so big. I can't wait to see you guys. Oh and I read your previous blog, and you forgot to mention that I played center for the FJH Huskies, its ok I kind of forgot too, if you look at the pic I'm there, I promise. Can't wait to see you guys

janae said...

Cute pics. Funny I was thinking about your blog today wishing you had new pics and here they are. I can't believe how big Lucy is getting. I am glad you guys got out that is so nice.

Becky, Ryan, Oliver, Amelie, and Nora said...

Ahhh going out without the little un, sooo nice. I used to get anxiety when we'd go out and I just thought the worse would happen when I left. That went away fast after the first time and I got the sweet taste of freedom:) Glad you guys are having so much fun, miss you. And ps, a laughed so hard about the nail clipping comment, totally Ryan too.

Bryndie said...

I just love Lucy's chubby cheeks that she is getting. They are so stinkin cute. She is getting so big. Burklie is crawling now and I am so afraid she is going to lose those chubby cheeks and thighs. I just love chubby babies!

Nate and Nicole said...

I love the answers in your "tag." So funny. I love that your dad had Trent ask you out...

Cam and Chaly said...

hey richards how's life? It's great to get to keep up with what you guys are doing. don't know when we'll see you, but its great to see updated pictures of lucy..

Cam and Chaly

Kenny, Tara, Ashley said...

Jamie- what a great blog! I was so excited to come home today and check it out! I looked at all the newborn pics of Lucy, oh my how she has grown! She is so beautiful, just like her mommy! And I loved the pic of you playing basketball. I totally see you as a baller. And soccer too? We have a lot in common! So great to get to know more about you!

Kerstin said...

i love that funny little chair that she has. i want one that would fit me. sad i missed trent's dancing. (as i recall jordan's reception) Hilarious.

Nick and Terryn said...

I can't believe how big Lucy is getting! Those pictures are so cute. And it looks like you are having lots of fun playing dress-up. Girls are the best!

Jordan said...

I was waiting for some new pics to show up. Made my day. I am glad you and trent got a lil time to yourself. You guys definitely deserve it. But i can only imagine you probably were really excited to get home to the lil bug. Oh how I miss trent's awesome dancing also...

fonsy said...

I have to comment about being embarrassed with Trents dancing, I only wish that Tyler would do dance like Trent. That boy has got mad (albeit hilarious) dancing skills. If I want to go dancing I have to go out with my gay friends and leave my man at home.