Monday, February 11, 2008

Wanna be a balla, shot calla, 20 inch blades on the impala

My glory days are gone - look at me backing her up, go #4

This past week was full of "firsts" some were fun, some not so fun. Lucy had her first fever! She woke up on Wednesday morning sweaty and miserable. She was congested and not happy. We had to hold her all day long, if we put her down at all she would cry. It completely shattered my heart to hear her little I don't feel good cry. I think I took it much harder than she did. We took her to the doctor and she actually felt better really quickly. This week would also be the first time Lucy grabbed her binky out of her mouth, stuck it back in, took it out, cried, and stuck it in her eye, cried and looked at me like I was the one controlling the binky and sticking it in her eye.

Jamie's first churchball game - in about 11 years. I went and played in the women's basketball game on Saturday, I think it was the highlight of Trent's weekend. Like I said I haven't hooped it up in a decade, so I don't know why I was so surprised that all my skillzz (yes that would be skillz with a double Z) were GONE. I have fond memories of Farmington North Stake YW ball that included Shannon, Linz and I wiping the floor with everyone, not so much anymore. I guess playing in jr high with the FJH Huskies doesn't guarantee that you will be a baller for life.
I think it should be noted that I haven't lost my competitive drive - which is probably why I launched myself into the curtain that divides the gym from the chapel to save a ball (in a game we were losing by 20) and didn't save it. Got myself a few scratches to the elbows and to my dignity. I was thanked at church not for being good, but for being entertaining... Pointers from my husband included that everytime I shot and missed I shouldn't look so disappointed, and that when I make a basket I shouldn't high ten everyone on my team because then it looks like I'm not used to scoring points.. Thats right babe, at this point its my IMAGE I should be concerned about. I think I may stick to soccer from now on.




Grabbing her Binky

11 comments:

Jordan said...

Church ball. Hilarious. I remember going to the FJH games and sitting with your parents and cheering when you made your free-throws. Oh man. I can't believe you found that picture. So funny. I can't believe how big and different lucy is. She is so cute. I can't wait to see her in a few week and just hang out. I laughed right out loud about flying into the curtains. I would do it to, because I am just as competative. I should really look into church ball. But I agree maybe we should both just stick to soccer. Something we know we are good at.

jandnrichards said...

So cute. I love her smile way to cute. I love the church basketball story that is way to funny. I get competitive in games. Lucy is getting way to big. Sorry about her fever but glad she is doing better.

Kerstin said...

That post was ridiculous. I laughed like 10 times.

Becky, Ryan, Oliver, Amelie, and Nora said...

Lucy is soooo freaking adorable!! I want to meet her. Also, I had no idea that Jamie was a baller, no idea. I miss you guys tons. By the way, this is Ryan.

Michael Meek said...

Lucy lou hoo is the bomb.com and i miss her face....Jamie i see you making a 55% increase in your skillzzz just by next game so dont lose hope.. IM out peace.

Bryndie said...

Little Luce is getting so big. It is the best watching all of their little milestones. Hey, I am going to start selling all the baby bows and headbands pretty soon. I will let you know when I get everything situated. I am going to do everything custom so you can pick your headband color(s) and interchangeable flowers and bows.

Geri R said...

Can I say those pictures made me cry? I can't believe how big she is, and we are missing it! How would we survive without blogs and digital cameras? Jamie, I would love to see you play. Knowing what you are like in soccer games, I can oly imagine...!

Kendall Watkins said...

I love the church ball stories. Next time that you play, I am coming just to watch you! With the writters strike and nothing on TV, I need all of the entertainment I can get.

Poelmans said...

Ha ha, oh the good old days. I remember being forced onto a ward intramural basketball team @ the Y. Not that I had any skillz in Jr. High but they had gotten progressively worse. I'm sticking to tennis now, but lately I've really been into road biking (as long as its warm outside)!

Cameron and Shannon said...

That is hilarious. You are much braver than I. I'm in the YW and our girls are horrible and I was just thinking about our dominating basketball days. I'm thinking we weren't as awesome as we thought we were, maybe the other teams were just that bad.

Cameron and Shannon said...

Oh and I can't get over how cute Lucy is! She is adorable!