I figure if I don't look back at what I've missed maybe the return to blogging won't be so overwhelming?? So here is a small look into what our lives look like on July 30, 2013. Where to begin. It's nice to finally feel settled in a home and neighborhood that we love. It's so strange to feel so grown up all the sudden. Jobs, kids PLURAL, mortgage. Nobody ever tells you that growing up is a trap of responsibilities! Sometimes it feels like they never end. But we are happily enjoying what each day brings now that we are in our ahem 30's.
Trent is halfway done with residency and loving the Moran. He is the hardest working person I have ever met. He literally does not have an OFF switch. Its everything I can do to keep up with him and I usually always fail. He comes home from a 12 hour work day and starts WEEDING. I mean come on he is ridiculous. I'm glad he gets time to burn off steam and go biking. He is such a good dad. We're lucky to have him.
Lucy is too dang smart for her own good. She is such a fabulous reader and doesn't miss anything. She remembers the most random facts that I may have mentioned MONTHS ago. She really is 5 going on 25. She loves playing with friends and that's all she wants to do. Its a hard adjustment for me, because some days I just want her all to myself! Is that too much to ask? She is so excited to start kindergarten in a month. And is so patient with her little sister. She may be the best big sister I have ever seen and rarely loses patience with Ruby, which is pretty insane. She is so sensitive with such a sweet heart. The other day she made Trent and me stay in bed to bring us breakfast complete with a Diet Coke and a Mountain Dew respectively. Such a doll. She is a special girl and we are blessed to call her ours.
Ruby Jane. Where do I even start? The most personality in a tiny person that I have ever seen. The most random toddler in the world. She is either the happiest or the most angry and that changes in an instant. If you make her mad - watch out! She loves her big sister, but loves to bug her. She gets so excited about everything and man is she good at hellos. She runs up (swinging her left arm) and gives you the best hug you have ever had. I can't help but smile when I think of her. She says the funniest things - I have to be better at writing them down so I don't forget.. Here are a few to jog my memory.. Oh my gosh, singing Taylor Swift mean, my ABCD's, sissy bit me, I could go on and on. Man I am lucky to be her mom. Seriously, even on the days she is on one. Did I mention she is also SO LOUD?
I am still working for Mirabella and liking it, trying to balance it all gets harder and harder but somehow we make it through the days in one piece. I am trying day by day to treasure the times with my littles before they grow up. It happens too fast for me.
Well there we are - maybe we are now back to bloggin????????? Hope so.
3 comments:
Yay! I'm so glad you are back!
(Blogging that is). Please continue. :)
Love you and your fam. Love this update.
Post a Comment