Tuesday, February 8, 2011

To Wonks


Hey Lucy,

It's me, your mom. I just wanted to write you a short note before I go to the hospital tomorrow night to have your little sister. Is it weird that as excited as I am to get her here, I am also anxious and concerned about how adding another player to our party is going to affect the great thing we have going? I want to tell you how much I love you, how special you are, and how much I have absolutely treasured (almost every moment of) being your constant pal for the past 3 years. I know you are going to be a great big sister, once you figure out that the world doesn't revolve completely around you... however long that takes. I love you, you little weirdo.

Love always,
Me

13 comments:

janae said...

I totally remember sitting in Graice's room one night before Izzy was born and I was crying thinking what if I don't love this next one as much, what if it changes mine and Graice's relationship, etc, etc. I remember Nicole told me she had those same thoughts and feelings before Cole was born but instantly you have that bond and same unconditional love and your relationship with you and your oldest remains the same, and it is true. I can only imagine all of the emotions you are having, I can't even wait to see pictures of little ruby. I am thinking about you and love you tons!!

The Johnson's said...

I admit, I didn't have feelings like that, I must be a little different. I just wanted to not be pregnant anymore. I was fat, swollen, had bad heart burn and stretch marks galore. I had been lacking in the mommy department weeks prior to my delivery, Sage could tell, it was obviously with his terrible behavior. But as soon as Paisley was born, it was like she had been there all along. Sage and I went back to being best buds and we just added another friend that we could play around with (as soon as she was mobile). It took him time to adjust but you end up loving both of them unconditionally in the same way for each one. Its weird. Good luck, it's a lot better the second time since you know what the freak is going on, so enjoy it!

linzi said...

You're so sweet, Jamie. I love seeing little bits and pieces of your relationship with Lucy. She's a lucky girl to have a mom like you. And to add another beautiful girl to your roll will be so wonderful to see! We will keep you in our prayers! Good luck tomorrow! I hope you sleep well and that your heart is full of peace :)

linzi said...

P.S. Please call me if you need anything!!! We can have meals and sitters arranged in minutes :)

Bryndie said...

You are such a good Mommy! I can't believe you are having the baby already...that went by way to fast. Good Luck! Can't wait to see another beautiful baby girl! It is amazing how you will instantly have the same amount of love for your second child:)

Jen and Tyson said...

so excited for ruby to come!!! and so excited for you too! lucy is going to be such an awesome sister! can't wait to meet the little bundle of joy! love you tons!!!!! xoxoxo

Marie said...

This was so sweet! I wrote a little letter to Jack on my blog the day before Sam was born and it was basically identical to this one :) It was tough at first, but it gets better. I didn't know you were having the baby tomorrow, good luck!! You are such a beautiful mom.

Unknown said...

good luck in the hospital! We're praying for you! Can't wait to meet the lil one... :)

bjahlstrom said...

I am excited for you guys. Lucy will be a crack-up of a big sister. I can't wait to hear what comes out of her mouth.

Sara Jane said...

Totally made me tear over at work! I love you! good luck today! I am thinking about you! Sorry for the weird voicemail I left you early! Little Emo today! Wish I were closer! Soon enough right? Love you! XOXO

Jordan said...

You are an amazing mother and lucy is so lucky. So is Ruby.

Becky, Ryan, Oliver, Amelie, and Nora said...

I feel you on this. I totally cried in the hospital when Ollie came in and didn't really know what to do. It all works out and they will be such good friends. Give it six months and things will get much easier:) I can't wait to hear all the deets, post as soon as you can!

Stizz said...

You're so cute. :)