Wednesday, November 3, 2010

The Smee turns 3..

Due to a wide range of factors including but not limited to the following... pregnancy, insomnia, colds, residency interviews, work trips and STRESS.... Lucy's birthday was supposed to be extremely low key, but somehow we all ended up exhausted anyway! Trent has the month off due to his crazy travel schedule so luckily we were able to spend the entire day together as a family with the goal of doing all of Lucy's favorite things in one day. We packed a ton in.. It was so fun because Lucy was thrilled about everything. THIS IS SO EXCITING MOM, I think I heard that about 1,000 times. We also had to peek at her cake every 20 minutes or so. Here's how the day went..

8:30 a.m. - Chocolate Chip Pancakes with Special Sauce (aka whipped cream)
9:30 a.m. - Diego with all her babies while Mom & Dad get ready
10:30 a.m. - park & library
11:30 a.m. - McDonald's for nuggies, fries, chocolate milk and a TOY.
12:30 a.m. - Costco for ice cream
1:00 p.m - Toys R us to pick out a toy, after some much needed guidance we came home with Mrs. Potato Head, which she just calls Mrs.
2 -4 p.m. - Attempted "rest"
6 p.m. - Cheese Pizza and her one birthday request...and I quote BOWLING WITH HER BOYFRIEND.
8 p.m. Cake Time!

Whew - what a day! I always get so emotional on Lucy's birthdays because I just want time to freeze. I don't want her to be so grown up. She's special, that's really all I can say about Lucy. It is my greatest blessing and literally an honor to be her mother. That sounds incredibly cheesy but I can't think of a better or more fitting word to use, plus due to the previously mentioned insomnia I'm running on a few hours of sleep :) I just got back from a work trip to NYC and everyone there thinks I'm crazy for being so young, and not only married but (in their words) popping out kids. All I know is that every time I go all I can think about is how lucky I am and how happy my life makes me. I'm also grateful to be married to someone who appreciates our little family as much as I do. Thanks to all of our friends and family who called, dropped by and helped make it such a fun day for all of us.


Can't quite figure out how to start telling people that she is 3..  


This is the kind of dad Lucy has. She is a lucky girl. 


The day's one disaster - LOOK I painted my own nails, on your white and cream rug! 


Would not stop dancing for a picture - but getting better at the "3" sign. 


 BFF's I am honestly concerned about this upcoming June when these two will get split up, can't even talk about it.. 

 Lucy's seen me bowl on the Wii one too many times and thinks that bowling requires throwing yourself on the floor. 

 OH BOY.
Not my best effort - but it was a HIT. She told Trent and that he could share Tinkerbell with me, and she got Cinderella and Ariel. And it played out pretty much exactly like that, except for she tried to eat Tinkerbell too.

7 comments:

janae said...

Cute, cute pics!! Lucy looks so old. WE sure do love her!! p.s cute brown hair:)

Scottie and Angie said...

WOW 3 years old!!!!!!!!! I can't believe how grown up she is getting! The birthday sounds like a super fun day:)

Kerstin said...

LOVE the cheese smile at the end. almost as big as yours haha

Rex and Kacie said...

Happy 3rd birthday! Wish we could have been there to bowl with you! You know how Rex feels about bowling. And tell Lucy she's too young to kiss boys.

Jordan said...

You are such an amazing mom! Lucy is so lucky to have you. Love love the dark hair. It's gorgeous. Miss you guys!

Jeff, Erin, Macy, Owen& June said...

Oh my DORA!!!!!!! I laughed my head off when I saw those pics! You and Trent looks awesome! Lucy is the cutest! Looks like she and her little buddy are such good friends. Thank heavens for those!

Josh, Melanie & 2 boys said...

Love it! I am with you about the freeze time. She is an absolute DOLL! What a cute personality and face!

PS - Jamie, LOVE your hair!