What do you do at 4:52 a.m when you've been tossing and turning since 2! You blog! And write about things you did this summer that only you care about because it was so long ago.. like the 4th of July.
This year for the 4th we were up in Star Valley at the cabin with Trent's family. The highlight of the weekend for me was the carnival they do every year for the little kids. This year we made it in time for the "races." Most hilarious thing I have seen in a long time. Lucy cheated on every single race, and somehow managed to get a 1st and 2nd place ribbon. The first race they actually wanted 2 and 3 year olds to carry an EGG ON A SPOON to the finish line. Riiight... so the lady shouts go and Lucy takes her spoon in one hand, egg in the other and books it down to Trent at the finish line for a 1st place ribbon! I don't think I could have been prouder if she had actually won with the dang egg! The same thing happened with the potato sack.. Jumped out, ran to Trent. 2nd place.. So funny. The only race she actually did what she was supposed to she got the participant ribbon. What life lesson should she take from all of this? Not really sure :) We had a fun and relaxing weekend full of cousins, a rodeo, floating the river and just enjoying time together.
The race is ON!
Carrying the egg
Pre-race Pep Talk - Janae and I don't mess around.
Showing off the ribbons
Ridin the train
Face Paint
Playing with Papa D
Loving cousin time!
Family pic in the mountains
Floating the river!
















4 comments:
WE don't mess around:) It was definitely fun having you guys up there this year.
you look like a flippin movie star in those pics, ei pre-race pep talk! I love you and super jealous I didnt attend the carnival! xoxo
These pictures all made me miss you and the goose. She is hilarious. She gets older and older by the minute, and she looks like a little mini-me of you. Love you!
It was fun up there! I just think Lucy is adorable! She kinda melts both Jeff and I's hearts!
Post a Comment