Saturday, May 8, 2010

Myrtle Beach! Part ONE.

Trent finally had his Spring Break the last week of April so we decided to head to Myrtle Beach with our good friends the Leavitts. We had a few bumps along the way but still had a fabulous time!
Myrtle Beach was such a fun place, the beach was beautiful and the feeling there was almost like we're tacky and proud of it with all of the stores claiming to be $1.99 and under stocked with neon Myrtle Beach tank tops and enormous ceramic figurines and pancake houses with delicious breakfast for $2.50. Not to mention the all you can eat seafood buffet for pretty cheap too. It was hilarious and us cheapskates fit right in. Here are the first of our many pictures, don't worry by the time I am done - you may feel like you were there :). It was our first trip to the south and we loved it.
Lucy's first road trip - it was about a 10 hour drive. Chillin...
Lucy loved the beach. She had a great time in the sand, picking up seashells and running through the waves. It was gorgeous!
The fish I found in the sand - cool huh?
Across from our condo was the Boardwalk at the Beach. Tons of restaurants, shops and fun things to do.
Kade and Lucy got to ride SO many rides at the boardwalk and then a small amusement park on the beach called Family Kingdom. Boats, helicopters, airplanes, swings, trucks. They were in HEAVEN!
And a canoe..
Train...
And they flirted on the ferris wheel!
Cute baby ducks at the boardwalk.
More pics to come!

6 comments:

bjahlstrom said...

Jamie, all I have to say is...WELCOME TO THE SOUTH!!! You're in our neck of the woods, now!

Unknown said...

nice fish. pretty cool. You didn't ride any rides, huh? What, too cool for the ferris wheel? ;P

Kim said...

HEY!!! How are you guys? Hope med school and Ohio are treating you well. It look like you guys are having a lot of fun. So, I don't know if I told you or not, but we never ended up going to school in Virginia (last we talked, that was our decision). We randomly ended up living in Houston. Funny how things work out. Well, I hope all is well with you guys.

Sara Jane said...

I wish the Liddells were the Leavitts! Looks like a blast! I am so excited to see Lucy in 6 more sleeps! WaaHooo...

Jordan said...

Looks like so much fun. Love you guys.

Rex and Kacie said...

Jealous I wasn't there