Thursday, May 27, 2010

Crazytown

Holy exhausted. That is how I feel right now. I was lucky enough to get to go to LuxePack in NYC again this year for work which is always amazing, but oh my word we had some bad luck! Trent is so busy right now that I ended up having to fly to Utah, drop Lucy off with my Mom, and then turn around and fly back to New York to make it work.
My trip to NY went a little like this...
DAY 1
-wait in rain during rush hour for a cab while starving
-suddenly develop terrible cold
-cab is rear ended on the freeway
-Leave my cell phone in cab
-Cab driver gives us bum receipt so there is no way to track down the phone
-Hotel has the wrong name on our room - wait 2 hours to get it straightened out - did I mention starving?
-Friend Amber's phone dies. When we plug it in in the lobby while hoping our room will get straightened out, she gets a terrified email from Trent saying.. if my wife is ok will you please have her call me?  He had called my phone, the cabbie answered, said hello and hung up. He called back about 20 times to no answer and had gone into full-blown panic mode alerting all of my family and friends.
-I calm Trent down and tell him to call T mobile and turn off my phone so that the cabbie isn't calling international on our dime.
-call Trent back 10 minutes later to discover Tmobile had turned off his phone instead of mine. Classic.
DAY 2
-wake up with giant cold sore to go along with awesome cold. I hate meeting people and just knowing they are like WTH is that on her lip!
-discover the Hilton New York has a bedbug problem
-good thing I went to Zara this day.
-also a good thing I went to Magnolia Bakery this day
DAY 3
-Amber rents and car and we drive in the city, almost die from fright- will NEVER do this again.
-GPS malfunction takes us to a part of the city we probably shouldn't be. almost die again from fright.

Seriously, a nuts trip. But fun to be in the city as always.  I also got to go back to Utah to pick up Lucy and be involved in a bit of my sister's wedding with dress fittings, florist meetings and showers. Heaven on earth for me! I still can't believe she is getting married.

 Lucy of course had a blast with family, and was so spoiled I'm not sure how long her recovery period will be. All was good until I flew home yesterday.... DENVER! (I will never say that again without shaking my fist) What do you have against me??? Long story short. Tornado warnings complete with alarms and being herded into bathrooms, lightning, a 1.5 hour layover that turned into 7.5 hours. Home at 2:45 a.m.... But at least we made it and Trent wins the awesome husband award. I came home to a clean house stocked with food. So glad to be back!

9 comments:

heather said...

HOLY COW!! Wowsers ... trip to remember! So glad you are home and safe!

bjahlstrom said...

My favorite part of the story was "T Mobile had turned off his phone instead of mine. Classic." As if that day couldn't get any worse! Your story-telling ability is hilarity at its best, even if I got a laugh at your expense!

Kerstin said...

that is really the most ridiculous trip ever. id break down in tears if even 2 of those things happened to me. haha. love it jamis. glad you are home!

Bryndie said...

Oh my hell, what a nightmare! Glad you are still alive:) I would be covered in cold sores too ha ha. Gotta love those monsters on your lips:)

Bryndie said...

Oh my hell, what a nightmare! Glad you are still alive:) I would be covered in cold sores too ha ha. Gotta love those monsters on your lips:)

Sara Jane said...

I can't believe you had a 7.5 hour layover in DENVER! What was Lucy doing! Having horrible Lucy & Jamie withdrawals! xoxoxo

Poelmans said...

wow! what a trip! glad everyone is ok!

Mechelle said...

That is so terrible! I would have been freaking out! Glad your home safe!

Scottie and Angie said...

WOW what a terrible trip...WEll all the terrible things that happened on the trip. I can't believe your cell phone story that you told me about. I totally was joking when I said you throw it at a cab driver to get their attention....I really wasn't too far off!
I am happy things worked out though and now that you are home safe and sound!