This week I took Lucy to a special storytime to meet Tacky the Penguin. Tacky the Penguin is from a cute series of books by Helen Lester. We hadn't read the books yet but Lucy is a penguin fan so I thought we would check it out. One of our favorite librarians read us the story with the book pages projected up onto a huge theater screen and then we got to meet TACKY! Lucy loved it, and I always love doing fun things with her that make her so happy. It is the best part of my life. She shook his fin and said HI TACKY, I'm LUCY! Then they provided us a Tacky coloring page and we went and checked out penguin books before heading home.
She has talked about Tacky nonstop, blessed him in her nightly prayers and on Friday night came up to me and told me she wanted to call Tacky on the phone. I called Trent and said Hi Tacky....Lucy then had a long conversation with Tacky the penguin that made her whole night.
I love soaking up every minute of this funny girl. She has started to be so bossy and will say, don't laugh mommy, don't sing mommy. Oh mommy, don't dance! To think she is already ashamed of me at two years old, I'm so proud!
She also decided to start saying her prayers completely by herself this week. She looks around the room and says thank you for everything she sees along with adding in her favorite things. So here is the short list of some of what has been blessed at our house this week. .. Mom & Dad, Family & Friends (including the specific names of most if not all of our close friends), Tacky, Nuggies & Fries, Play Doh, Princesses, Coloring, Chipmunks, Babas, Binkys, Chairs, Tables, Beds, Pictures, Swimming, the Beach, the bathtub and so much more.
I was in the middle of making dinner Monday night when she came up and pulled on my leg.. Mommy - I spelled my name.. I looked over and she totally had spelled her name out on the fridge with her magnets. I don't think I have ever been more excited. Its funny what becomes the highlights of your days and weeks when you are a parent, but I know that I've never happier. A close friend asked me over the holidays how to get over being scared of making the decision to have a baby. I thought about it and said, Every single thing in my life is better because I have Lucy. And its so true.
10 comments:
that is so sweet. I can't believe how amazingly smart she is. Spelling her name already. Lucy is such a doll and I love seeing how much you love and care for her and everything that makes your happy is now surrounded around lucy... Maybe it won't be so scary. Love you!
HO-LY-Smokes! Lucy is HI-LA-RI-OUS! I was cracking up reading about her prayers (which are inspiring, actually, since I always forget to try to pray with little wiggle worm Gwen), her orders, and her spelling! I think she is just a hoot!
Oh, and I love your honest love for her. You are amazing.
I get so excited when I see that you have posted something new. I know that it will always make me smile. That Lucy! Seriously, I adore her.
Michael and I have talked about this before, but every time I see you or trent with that sweet lucy, it makes us so excited for the future! I hope I'm half the mom you are.
Um you're story makes Tacky sounds so cool that now I want to meet him. :) Trent was nic to play along with the phone call...did he even to a different voice? How awesome that Lucy can spell her name...a genious in the making. I'll have to have her do my spell-checking for me. Now just teach her to play basketball so we can have a fifth player. :) I think it's great that you get excited and find joy in all she does...definately a quality of a great parent. :)
WOW I am super impressed that Lucy can spell her own name! She must have some amazing parents!I also love your comments about Lucy making your life so much better, you're so sincere and Lucy is going to love reading that one day!
I miss that little bug!! she is so dang cute and smart! That is pretty impressive that she is writing her own name.
While I loved it all, I think the best part is that you're so proud of the fact that she's ashamed of you already! I think that's awesome!! :)
I can't believe we did not get together while you were here, Luc and Burks would have been a hoot together. The holidays flashed before my eyes. Next time you are in town for sure K!!!
That is the most adorable story. Those prayers and phone call conversations are precious!
Hey Jamie - where did you get those letter magnets? I have been looking and seem to be blind because I have not found any! How silly is that?!
Post a Comment