
A few of the couples in our ward decided to start an international dinner group.. once a month we pick a country and then we all contribute an authentic dish to the meal. No, people who have known me my entire life, my body has not been taken over by aliens.. I decided I like cooking. So there. Plus its helping me stock up on my spices so my mom is less shocked at my horrible selection when she comes to visit me. Month #1 was Caribbean and I made Aguacate Relleno. And it was good. And I put them on lettuce leaves for presentation points.

In other news - Lucy is still cute. Even when she is throwing fits in church, tripping and getting rug burns on her face and other fun fiascoes that make up our daily life. Girl is learning new words every day and cracking me up with them. Today I asked her what she wanted for breakfast and she said she wanted a muffin. Where in the world did she learn that? I have no idea. Maybe from me calling Trent a stud muffin. Wait I don't do that. This picture below is her passing out from sheer exhaustion after a particularly challenging Sunday.

I have to remember this so warning POTTY story ahead quit reading if its TMI (mom that's too much information, I know acronyms are not your strong suit) Last Sunday Lucy woke us up by yelling POOP POOP. So I of course think.. oh no biggie she pooped. Low and behold - we go to the crib. Girl has poop all over her crib.. like she rolled in it. Trent and I are dying like how did that happen? So Trent rushes her to the tub and discovers her diaper is missing.. we then realize that in the middle of the night - she took her diaper off and THREW IT ACROSS THE ROOM. Not just removed the thing but tossed it as far as she could outside her crib. Then pooped, and rolled in it. Good times. I'm not even going to get into the time she pooped on my parents doorstep.
4 comments:
Can you teach me your new-found love for cooking? Please? I'm awful at it!
Yeah, let's bring up how Mom didn't know what A.K.A stands for. P.s. I am so proud of you for cooking...who knew that would EVER happen?
Its more like a love for eating.. and living too far away from my mom to eat her food - so I have to make it myself!
I was known for pooping on the neighbors door step when I was little. That is hillarious. At least she knows how to take her Diaper off, Burks still struggles.
I love the pictures Shannon took, such bright colors. She is darling! My mom and I just die over how cute she is and how she is such a Meek.
Post a Comment