Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Change is a good thing but its a little scary

I feel like I haven't posted forever, these past few weeks have been a little crazy. We took a fun vacation to Lake Powell with Trent's family and I finally decided to quit my job that I have had for the last 4 years. It's definitely bittersweet, because I have worked there for so long and love all the people that I have become friends with along the way.. but I feel like I blinked and Lucy was 7 months old and I couldn't keep trying to do everything and not do anything well. I kept trying to cut back and it just wasn't working.

I'm still not ready to label myself a stay at home mom for life, because who knows what might happen. I'm spending the summer with Trent & Lucy at the pool, zoo and park and throwing my Blackberry in the garbage and when I get back to Ohio we will see. I'd love to take some graphic design courses and be the one creating an idea instead of sitting in meetings and conference calls talking about them. Life is too short to do something you don't enjoy!

14 comments:

Bryndie said...

Good for you Jame. Your kids are the most important! I told Mark I would rather be poor and live in a little shack than not be able to spend quality time with Burklie. They grow up so fast, it is scary! Lets do a play date soon! I will get ahold of you next week or something!

Unknown said...

That's such a tough decision to make. Good for you! And I think you'd make an incredible graphic designer... or fashion designer, for that matter! :) We miss ya'll here! Enjoy the vaca!

Gaby and Ben Kingery said...

Jamie, I am sooooo excited for you. Being a stay at home mom (permanent or not) is surprisingly satisfying, and you know how I can be! I really am surprised everyday how much I have to do just to keep Liam involved in good activities, fed, napped, diaper changed, etc. And it feels good at the end of the day. We'll see how you like it. But you can always go back to work! But you can never get that time back with your baby! Anyway, I am super excited you will be here for the summer. Where are you guys going to live? Come visit me SOON!! Love you girl!

Gaby and Ben Kingery said...

Oh yeah, and you would freakin rock at graphic design! You always have all the great ideas, you should teach yourself, Chris Shill did!

janae said...

I am so happy that you finally quit!! It was so Great being with you Trent, and Lucy I am so glad you guys were able to come. I can't wait for this summer:)

Poelmans said...

Hey! You're in Utah for the summer? We should (the wardies) get together for lunch while we're all here! I'm leaving the country at the end of June so . . . we should plan something fun! I'd love to see you and meet your darling girl.

Kerstin said...

how was lake powell! i am so glad you are doing what you want to with your life! it's awesome. i'm excited to see you on monday!

Jordan said...

I am so proud of you. I know it wasn't the easiest decision to make. But I am excited because I know I will be spending time at the pool with you. Yeah. I am so glad you are here all summer

Butler Blog said...

Hey Jamie, this is Elysia (Cannon) Butler. I found your blog through Bryndie and wanted to say hi. Being a stay at home mom is great! I'm sure it was hard to leave your job, but you will love being able to stay home! I'm sure it's bittersweet--I'm gonna start working soon and I don't know how I'm going to leave my two boys everyday!

Whitmer Family said...

Hey Jamie, I'm glad to hear you get to spend more time with Lucy. The time we have with these little ones is really short, I can't believe Jack will be one next week, crazy. I can't wait to see you guys. Love ya

The Arizona Leavitt's said...

Congrats! It's a strange thing how weird it is to tell people you stay at home, but it is so nice to have the time to do everything you want. You will enjoy it this summer. Have a blast and we will miss you out here.

Julie Miller said...

It sounds like you had a great time at Lake Powell! Good for you for deciding to stay home. Have fun at the zoo this summer! That's our favorite thing to do.

Geri R said...

I want to see those Lake Powell photos, Jamie!
I really am proud of you, I know how hard it was to take the plunge.

Jeff, Erin, Macy, Owen& June said...

Dude thanks for a new post. Now if we could just get some pics to go along with it! You will never regret spending more time with Lucy! She is lucky to have you as her mom! Lake Powell was fun with you guys!