Yesterday we ventured to Circleville, Ohio to attend the annual pumpkin festival. We heard that we HAD to go from about ten people so we decided to check it out with a few of our friends. There was so much traffic on the way out that I thought there would be nothing that was worth the drive. But then we arrived on another planet. It was seriously the craziest thing I have ever seen. Thousands and thousands of people (I honestly felt like we were on the strip in Vegas) descend on this little town for the pumpkin donuts, burgers, chili, crepes, cannolis and any other pumpkin treat you can think of. They also have a pumpkin queen pageant, pumpkin weigh-in contest and the world's largest pumpkin pie. (14 feet in diameter, took ten hours to bake) The line for pumpkin donuts was 1 hour and 1/2 long so we didn't get to try that delicacy unfortunately, but just the fact that someone would wait in line for 1 hour and 1/2 tells me that next year I should go earlier in the day to try and snag one. I did have pumpkin pie ice cream, and that was delicious! We did happen to catch the hog calling contest, so that was a highlight. Honestly it was a lot of fun, FYI the winning pumpkin weighed in at 1500 pounds! Total insanity.
Some really big A pumpkins
Indulging in really, really unhealthy Pumpkin Festival Food
The world's largest pumpkin pie, what a turning point to see it in real life.
10 comments:
Looks like fun... How ironic. I made the first annual pumpkin roll yesterday. I sniffed cause I knew you guys would have wanted to be there. Miss you guys. Can't wait for baby Lucy to make her big debut soon.
The festival was fun. Thanks for listening to a screaming baby the entire trip home yesterday. We're glad that Trent is still excited even after that. We are excited for Lucy to get here also.
That festival sounds like it is right up my alley. How fun that you two went! I wish that I could go there with you! Maybe next year we could work that out!!
I love the fun adventures you guys are doing. I am still waiting for a belly shot. We miss you guys. Let me know how your soup turns out and i need your address. Love ya guys!!!-Janae
I totally would have waited in line for the pumpkin donut. Ty and I are pumpkin freaks, then mix it with a donut and theres trouble. Next year, when you wait in line for the donut, will you buy one for me and mail it to me?
You've been tagged.
A. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning.B. Each player lists 6 facts/habits about themselves.C. At the end of the post, the player then tags 6 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog.
I love the post. I only have one concern; is Trent wearing sunglasses past sundown? Just making sure he is not being a cool cat now he is in Medical School! haha! Love you guys miss you!
I did sort of have a crush on Mr. Navidomski's. You know it! So did you...
Who would have thought??? A pumpkin festival... Nick loves pumpkin stuff, I think that big old pie would have been in trouble if he was around. Hahahah.
Jamie and Trent looks like fun. I love all the fall festivities that go on. Glad to hear you are all doing well.
Post a Comment