I've really been one one lately. This pregnancy has been kicking my butt - especially now that I'm at the point where everyone just stares at me with a look of pity. Also, can I ask why complete strangers feel the need to comment on my belly? How exactly does the checker at DollarTree know if I've dropped or not? She has never seen me before this very second. Kills me. Only a few more weeks. only a few more weeks.
Anyway I want to get back into blogging just to remember the weeks and days as they are. So here are some #momlife stories from this week.
I'll Call This One... The Yellow Foot
I woke up yesterday and my foot was slightly tinged yellow. Super weird. Of course all things pregnancy are weird so I start googling Pregnant - yellow skin, and finding out all about how I may have liver disease. Since my eyes and face weren't yellow I tried to remember if I had dropped something on it - maybe it was a bruise? But it didn't hurt. I went about my day and then a couple of hours later decided to send Trent a pic to see if he had any ideas. Right as I'm snapping a yellow foot pic with my phone - it dawns on me that Saturday morning I spray painted Lucy's boxcar for kindergarten YELLOW. Like I can really scrub the tops of my feet at this point!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OH MY GOSH. Talk about one for the books. I didn't even realize that I had painted my own foot until two days later, and then I thought I had jaundice or hepatitis.
Speaking of Lucy's boxcar - the big event for the year in her kindergarten class is the Cross Country tour. Everyone draws a state and then makes a cardboard box car representing facts about it. Then they spend the day going from place to place around the school in their cars and learning about different states in the nation. Lucy has been talking about it for WEEKS. Her CAR, the PLAN. Everything. If you know Lucy she tells me every detail OVER AND OVER just to make sure I don't mess it up. We finally got her car done over the weekend, hence the painted foot - and today was the big day.
I get the girls in the car and then hit the garage door opener. Goes up halfway and then STOPS. OH NO, not today. NOT CROSS COUNTRY DAY!!!!!!!!!! Try again and again. Nothing. Great. Stuck in the garage and with my SUV I can't reach the rope to get it off the track. I'm swearing and calling friends to come grab Lucy. It's raining so I can't walk her to school or the box car will be ruined. I'm climbing on the tires and pulling the chord trying to get it off the track. Lucy is bawling about missing even a minute of Cross Country Day. And I quote "THIS IS THE WORST DAY OF MY LIFE" After about ten minutes of trying everything I can think of nothing is working. Finally as a last resort I grab a bar stool and climb on TOP of my SUV in my garage with my 9 months pregnant belly. I throw my leg up and roll my giant self on top. I honestly wish I was making this up and/or had a video. I smash the actual opener a few times because what else am I going to to do at that point. Climb down. Try it and miracle of miracles - it opens. Shout out to my sis-in-law who was going to come and get her before I tried my last hail mary. #momlife is all I have to say. On the way back from school I thought. Oh, I hope that I didn't stress out the baby. Luckily he gave me a few kicks to say hey mom, no worries - I get it, It's cross-country day. I am an idiot and now my back is kiiiilling me.
Also - just so Ruby reads this when she is a teenager and is super embarrassed. YOU FLAT OUT REFUSE TO BE POTTY TRAINED. You told me it's boring to pee and poop in the potty and that you are going to wear diapers forever.
I really hope that isn't the case when I read this in a couple of years. What is my life sometimes??
J
1 comment:
I love you and your kids. P.s. You are hilarious.
Post a Comment