Monday, October 21, 2013
Here we go again
Insomnia has plagued me a bit as an adult. I just know the nights when my brain won't stop working. It's about ten times worse when I'm pregnant. I can't believe its time for baby #3! We are so excited to add another crazy to our little family. I'm 16 weeks and finally feeling better. We should find out if it is a boy or a girl in the next week or so and I can't wait. I'm so impatient. I want to put this insomnia to good use and make sure I'm keeping a better update on all of us. Lucy has a week to week update of her baby years, and sorry Ruby you got kind of hosed.
This week was fall break and we spent it trying to have as much fun as possible. Thursday I took the girls to Cornbelly's with Erin and her kids and Jord and Sam. We had a fantastic time and ended up staying most of the day. It is one of my favorite things to do with my kids in the fall, there is so much to do and they think it is Disneyland! Ruby had so much fun playing with Sam and June and Lucy was loving life too. Erin and I accidentally let Macy, Owen and Lucy go through a haunted house (in our defense the girl said it was not scary) on their own while we stayed with the littles. Long story short, all 3 of them came out hysterically bawling. Parents of the year. We tried not to laugh, but it was just too embarrassing and hilarious. #parentfail. Of course now Lucy has been telling everyone ALL about it.
Friday I took the girls up to meet Leah at our fav Mcd's play place in Centerville. We don't get together often enough and its crazy to me to think that we have been friends since Lucy was born. The kids are getting so grown up too fast. That night I was driving home from my parents and of course my pregnant self had to veer off to grab some Mandarin food. I'd been craving it forever and it did not disappoint. Saturday Trent ended up working all day and most of the night so the girls and I did Parks, Slurpees and some cleaning. We had fun but man, this was the 3rd Saturday in a row with no husband and it wears on you!!
Lucy's birthday is in a couple of weeks and she wants a PJ and Pizza party, so we are in the middle of planning that and Halloween and all of my favorite fall things. She loves kindergarten and her teacher Mrs. Greene. I get a full report every day of all the things that happened, who got tickets, who got warnings, who didn't wait their turn on the monkey bars. :) I will take the info as long as I can. She is reading like crazy and right now is loving the Littles series and the American Girl doll books. She does reading testing in the next few weeks and I'm anxious to see what level she is. I just want to keep challenging her because she is definitely ahead of the game. I'm so glad she loves to read like I do, it makes me so happy. She has some cute friends and is loving tumbling and soccer. She is an angel daughter and so sweet and tenderhearted. She lost her first tooth and learned to ride her bike the same week kindergarten started. I cried so hard - it was too many firsts for this mom. She loves writing in a journal, any kind of art or craft and making lists. Ruby loves to play with her and when I hear them laugh I feel like I am in heaven. She told me a few weeks ago that she was a member of the church of Saturday Laints and I just about died. She is my sleeper and honestly does not ever wake up before 9 - usually later like 9:30 or 10. She is a full on teenager and first grade is going to rock her world next year getting up so early.
Ruby Jane is my up and down baby.. She goes from the funniest, cutest most hilarious toddler to an absolute nightmare in 1 second. No middle ground with this one. She is teaching me patience and making me realize that I had it easy the first time around. I love the way she is saying so many new words - this week her tea party was and I quote pretty scrumptious and she found an "accuvum" (vacuum) in her book. Her latest trick is telling me she CAN'T do something. Anything and everything. I CAN'T take a nap. I CAN'T be nice. I CAN'T be reverent when we are at church. It is like what do you say to that? Hahaha she has the most mischievous little face and loves to smile at me while she does something that she knows she isn't supposed to. She also love playing ball catch - and would do it all day long if I had the patience for it. She loves to sing, and is obsessed with her softies, blue blanks, and purpley binks. She sings to her binky when she takes naps and goes to bed. She is an expert on the Ipad thanks to a mom who needs breaks from her drama, and also is totally afraid of dogs and animals. This is coming in VERY handy for me now that Lucy is constantly asking me for a pet. Ruby loves to color and draw and usually is drawing rocket ships. She also loves to play magic wand and turn people into T-Rex.
2:36 - should try and get some sleep....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
sorry to hear bout your insomnia. I struggle too and it can be so hard in the mornings when you've got active kiddos. But I'm happy to hear about baby #3!
and can I just say that Lucy looks so cute and spunky? ;P
Love you and your fam. These pics of Ruby and Lucy are killing me.
Post a Comment