Thursday, January 12, 2012

One Year Ago Today...

It was one year ago today that Trent called me and gave me the news that he matched in Utah. For some reason this milestone has me looking back over the last 365 days more than the actual new year that has just started. One year ago I was 36 weeks pregnant with Ruby, we were living in Columbus, I was the sole, pitiful income source for the fam, Lucy wasn't into Justin Bieber. The time just seems to speed up and fly by me faster than I can get a handle on it. A few hard things, but many more wonderful things sum up our 2011. My friend Sara told me recently that she tries not to think too much about it when she is going through a rough patch. Only afterwards she looks back and says, wow I never want to do that again. I have thought about that a lot when getting used to Trent's unpredictable schedule, dealing with Ruby STILL not sleeping through the night, and I think I want to be more like her. Because pretty soon it will be one year from today and I'll still be wishing time would slow down. Life is good and life is short. Let's enjoy every day of it. Even the house is a disaster, Ruby is eating crayons, still have work to do, how am I still in my pajamas at 10 p.m. kind of days that seem to make up my life. And that is my New Year's Resolution.  Well lets get real. Along with planning meals a week in advance, eating healthier, continuing to work out every day, being more thoughtful, following a budget, FHE every week, scriptures with Lucy every night, better temple attendance. Yep I think that's it, wish me luck, I think that's a pretty attainable list :).

My post on Match Day.
http://www.jamieandtrent.blogspot.com/2011/01/match-day.html

2 comments:

Sara Jane said...

Loved your post and shout out! It made me think of how much happier and more enjoyable my life is living in the same city this last year! You're an incredible mom, friend and role-model! Reading this actually made me tear up at work! Yikes pregnancy hormones! Love you!

heather said...

Thanks for sharing this Jamie - I think I need to be better about this as well! Good luck with your goals. :)