Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Mind Over Body

Random post title right?? I thought so too, but its only fitting since that is what Lucy said to us the other day when riding in the car. Out of nowhere she goes... Mind over Body Mom, Mind over Body. Not sure where that came from but it was HIL-A-RIOUS, and a perfect random title for these random pictures. I am so behind on blogging because in the past four weeks we have... Sold our home not to mention eight billion things on Craigslist, (remind me to tell you the story involving Mace, Midnight, a Rainstorm and our Big Screen TV) Packed up a giant moving truck, Moved across the country, Tried to get settled in our new house, lost sleep over getting Lucy into a good preschool (who knew it was so crazy?), Ruby's blessing day and Tay's homecoming, Trent went to Moab, I went on a work trip to NYC that involved two red eye flights and some awkward pumping situations (TMI - too bad!), we went to Lake Powell and now tomorrow we are flying back to Columbus for graduation then flying back the next day. WHEW. Throw a 3 month old baby, a crazy 3 year old and a Mom that is still trying to figure out how to juggle two girlies and stick a fork in me folks, cause I'm done. These have all been such great and fun opportunities/blessings, but not gonna lie I'm looking forward to the day when my biggest concern is what I want to make for dinner. Mind over body, Mom, Mind over Body. Cause all my body wants to do is sleep. Ruby, help me out here mmmkay?

How can this girl - do this giant holographic puzzle by herself, yet still can't put on her own shirt??? Life's greatest mysteries I tell ya.


We LOVE Rex and Kacie and LOVED that they visited us for one last Easter in Ohio. This is a plug for them to bite the bullet and move back to Utah one day. 


Rubesy and Halle holding hands and making weird faces. A week apart, aren't they cute?? 


The Tuesday... Chubbier every single day. It takes a major amount of effort to find this girlio's neck. 


Dinner at Chocolate Cafe with CBUS pals. There are so many people missing from this shot that made Columbus home for us. I learned so much from all of the girls sitting at this table, and so many more that I met during our four years at OSU. These girls are flat out amazing and they all inspired me to be a better friend, mom and all around person. Miss em dammit, and miss the smores fondue too.

Side note: Lucy invents genius words that I have to remember..

Oopsily:  Mom I Oopsily dropped my lunch on the ground. Oops + accidentally = Oopsily
Lasterday: as in.. Lasterday I played with my cousin Izzy. Last + yesterday = lasterday
Betowards: Mom, move White Doggie betowards his friend. Beside + toward = Betowards.

3 comments:

Kerstin said...

betowards made me laugh. so funny. i would LOVE for things to settle down for you too, so i can see you!!! remember how im home everyday and am just waiting for the invite to come see you? i miss you!!

Jordan said...

Mind over body. Mind over body. Wise words from the little goose. Hope graduation is awesome and that your amazing outfit is even more awesome. Excited for our vacay next week!

bjahlstrom said...

Those words are fantastic. She was so cute when I tended her and Izzy together the other day. You might like some of the pictures I took, so feel free to get them from my blog!