Every year a library in Columbus has a Make Way for the Ducklings Parade and Egg Hunt the Saturday before Easter. After the hunt all of the kids wear duck costumes and parade around the library. I found out about this on Friday so a few friends and I made some quick duck hats and it was on! It was so much fun we will definitely be going back next year.
Some highlights... we were approximately one minute late for the hunt, and all of the eggs were GONE. Hello, this hunt was zero - 2 year olds.. There were parents holding little 6 month old babies that had gallon ice cream buckets full of eggs.. REALLY? I mean REALLY? You picked up over 30 eggs for your baby who can't even crawl let alone eat the candy???? When there were toddlers who didn't get any?? Blew me away with that one, but I'm done ranting. Luckily a nice old man threw some eggs into Lucy's basket. When I put them on the ground, she wouldn't put them back in her basket because they were "DIRTY". In the picture below is my "crap we missed the hunt and I ran down here and now I'm sweating face." Lucy and Kade didn't seem to mind missing the hunt one bit because what could possibly be more fun that playing with sticks, so that was good :)
Now onto the parade... they had Duck characters at the beginning and Lucy ran up and tried to give them her hat. You know how she is about characters - she hearts them. I think she may be trying to feed the white duck candy in the other pic..
After the parade we went into the library for a puppet show and tons of crafts. Lucy got splashed by a little boy while playing with the pool full of rubber ducks. This is all she remembers about the entire day. When I ask her about the hunt/parade, she says Mom remember that friend that splashed me, he was mean and I got all wet. Sigh, at least I had fun. :)



7 comments:
It looks like it was so much fun! I learned my lesson about being late to egg hunts last year! It is sooooo crazy that they last 1 min long.
Sounds like an AWESOME day. lol At least you burned some calories on the run to the egg hunt. :)
Cutest Duckling EVER!!! She is too cute! I can not stand it! Props on the duck hat! Never knew you were so crafty!
seriously people are jerks! give up your eggs people. looks like the sticks did the job though.
What a fun idea. I love that the library does that...next year hopefully they will have enough eggs!!!
Oh yes cute new family picture at the top!
I love the pictures...but really i am loving the enormous duck or chicken or whatever that thing is. creepster!
***hope your easter was fun- miss you***
Post a Comment